February 27, 2012
Anaphylaxis is the most impressive and most severe response to an allergy. Fortunately, it is very rare. It is important to act immediately to avoid serious consequences.
What is it?
Anaphylaxis is a sudden and severe allergic reaction, resulting in acute circulatory failure. It can occur in people who have had a history of allergies, but also in individuals who have never had allergy problems before. A person who has an anaphylactic reaction, even a small risk of relapse in severely re-exposure to the allergen.
The substances that trigger an anaphylactic shock can be food borne: nuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, eggs, milk, fish, seafood … Some medications can also cause shock: antibiotics such as penicillin, aspirin-like analgesics , local anesthetics, insulin, iodinated contrast media used during radiological examinations. Rarely, pollen exposure, vaccination or a blood transfusion.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .